Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Second North American Technician Survey - Day 2 of Launch

We’re off to a great start on the survey. Just two full days into it and we already have 3,800 completed responses, plus about another 250 nearly-complete responses. That’s a phenomenal start and will greatly enhance the validity of the results we get from this survey.

Below are some of the comments I’m seeing. For the most part, we are seeing two primary comments – “thanks for the survey” and “please give us some feedback/do something with the results”. We clearly have tremendous support for this survey, but it is going to be incumbent upon all the OEMs to make sure we get back to our technicians after this survey with some feedback.

Note the comments below are just a sample of the over 600 we’ve already received to the one question that specifically asks them about their thoughts on the survey….

“Good Survey” Comments:
  • This is the first time in 15 years I think I have ever taken a survey about my satisfaction of [OEM] and my work environment. I would like to see this more often and hopefully see some changes come from it. Thanks!
  • The survey was perfect. I'm glad that [OEM] takes the time to read comments from their technicians.
  • The survey is great and the ability to provide additional comments is very good.
  • Very thorough survey!
  • Survey was excellent Very pleased to have been a part of it.
  • Survey was good. Thank you for taking the time to ask.
  • Excellent I liked it. This is a way for you to hear what I have to say about my job, I already like my job but it can get better.
  • Very good survey, hope it makes a difference
  • Wow! - a long survey, but all questions seem relevant to issues that we face day to day and seem to qualify responses.
  • IT GOOD TO DO THESE THINGS IT SHOWS SOMEBODY CARES WHERE THEIR BUSINESS IS GOING!
  • Good questions, long survey, but not too much fluff.
  • Thanks for your interest in what I have to say.
  • Great survey. Hope it makes a difference.
  • In order for this survey to be effective every technician MUST take it! I have been with [OEM] for 6 years and this is the first technician survey I have taken!
  • This is a very in depth survey
  • Survey was conducted well and length was not too long. Questions presented well with job specific categories.
“Provide Feedback/Use Results” Comments
  • If this doesn’t get read and taken seriously I will be upset i even took the time to take it.
  • Survey was good. Would like to physically see the results of all surveys gathered be heard and see what results come from them. You can take a million surveys and just wonder if anything was taken from them or if it was just a waste of your time.
  • I hope the time spent on this survey will result in some benefit to the dealership network and [OEM].
  • Survey is fine, would actually love to see something come out from doing these surveys.
  • Nice approach, now let’s see if they actually alter any policies.
  • Confirmation that this was read and not promptly filed in the garbage because nobody really wants my opinion which is based on fact.
  • I'd like to see positive change and hope this helps.
  • Please let us know when something from this survey is implemented-doubt it does.
  • Where can I see the results of the survey? I'd like to see the data collected. Thanks!
  • I hope someone reads this survey and makes some changes. I know I'm not the only one that feels like this
  • The survey is ok. But I want to see something actually change.
Bottom line: They care and want to count. Making a difference starts with digesting the implications of the survey, for your company, and then acting.

No comments: