This survey – while focused predominately on better understanding the factors impacting technician retention – also delves into other issues critical to technician satisfaction. These include such areas as training, rewards/recognition programs, job motivations, career paths, etc.
At just 2.5 days into the launch, this survey is clearly a wild success. With only 6 OEMs participating in the pilot, we have already received over 2,500 responses. Based on comments from the respondents, this survey is long overdue:
- I really like that you are doing this survey. It gives me a place to give my opinion and insights on how [OEM] is doing.
- 35 years and this is the first time they ask what I thought
- It was short/to the point, shows commitment to the technician
- Thanks for asking the rank and file guys!!
- Very nice to see the company actually interested in the people making it a great company
- I think it is great that you are giving us at the dealership level an opportunity to provide input
- This Survey is a wonderful idea and I’m happy to share my thoughts
- I’m just happy that someone is even interested in my opinion as a tech - good job [OEM]
- I really appreciate the opportunity to voice my comments and concerns…
- It is nice to see [OEM] finally asking the technician for their input.
- Good survey!! Helps me vent my issues, management won’t listen without firing me.
- I like the fact I have been given the opportunity to be heard and would like to see more surveys like this one
- Any time someone cares enough to ask what we think as techs is appreciated.